The Adventures of LatteMan....

About Me


Links

Blogroll Me!

Previous Posts


Archives

Add to Google


Credits


Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker




Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Resistance is Futile


I have long resisted iTunes. Why... well a couple of reasons. First of all, I am not a fan of anything that is not an open standard, and iTunes pretty much tries to lock you in as much as they can (as is the Apple way of doing business with everything).

But they may have found the key to sucking me in as a customer. You see, one of LatteGirls favorite shows (that I do not mind her watching) is Kim Possible. Not only is the show entertaining for her, watchable for me, it is also an excellent (in my not so humble opinion) show because it promotes a female that "can do anything." (There is a whole rant on this particular subject I could now go on, but I will save that for another time).


Anyway, you can now download Kim Possible on iTunes , and not only Kim Possible, there is also, That's So Raven (although I co do without that one) and other Disney shows (I have already admitted we watch entirely too much Disney Channel in our home). And at about $9.99 for the entire first season of Kim Possible, it is quite the bargain.

Now, here is the kicker. They have something for LatteMan as well. You see, I love Stand Up Comedy, (even did some open mic nights back when they were easier to come by, and I had a life) and I can now download Comedy Central Stand-Up rather than trying to find the ones I like by TIVOing ALL of them and having to wade through them all for the ones I like (all the Comedy Central Standups are Called, "Comedy Central Presents" so I have to Tivo them to find out what comedian is on each one).

On a side note, am I the only one that now uses "Tivo" as a verb? (i.e. "I must TIVO that", "I TIVOed CSI last night", etc). I thought Tivo was such a stupid idea when it first came out (not the DVR part, the paying a monthly fee, when the cost was "built it" with replayTV), but now I can't live without it. Although I am a bit miffed about the fact that Tivo and DirecTV have apparently parted ways, which means I am stuck with the older Tivo software and will never get the updates that will allow me to use the USB ports so that I could use the "Tivo to Go" features. Just my luck I guess.


Policies and Disclosures

My Frappr! Map

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JayMonster. Make your own badge here.

Apple iTunes

 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

 

 

 

Deal of the Day

 

OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

 


Creative Commons License
Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.