The Adventures of LatteMan....

About Me


Links

Blogroll Me!

Previous Posts


Archives

Add to Google


Credits


Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker




Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Meme

OK, I don't have the picture handy I want for Picture Perfect Thursday, so I was tagged with a MeMe, and decided in the spirit of the holiday, I should do it... so allow me to use this to entertain you (and tag you... snicker) until I get to Picture Perfect Thursday later on.

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? I hate the waste of wrapping paper, and would use nothing if I could. I can't. TheWife insists on paper for Christmas. I get away with (reusable) bags the rest of the time. As a kid, we never had presents wrapped. It would be too hard for Santa to know who got what present if they were all wrapped I was told.

2.Real tree or artificial? Pre-lit Martha Stewart, because TheWife wanted "nothing to do" with a real tree "ever again" but now she is having second thoughts and we may go back to a real tree next year.

3.When do you put up the tree? With the artificial, right after Thanksgiving. With the live tree we generally waited until about Dec. 15th or so.

4.When do you take the tree down? On the 13th day after Christmas.

5.Do you like eggnog? Yup. And now I even like it without it being spiked. Who knew?

6.Favorite gift you received as a child? Is it awful that I say, I don't know. I can't think of one that was way better than any other.

7.Do you have a nativity scene? hahaha... uh... No. I have received several as gifts though. (See Number 14)

8.Hardest person to buy for? TheWife and my mother are a tie for royal pain in the butt.

9.Easiest person to buy for? I don't find anybody particularly easy, just some less hard than others.

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Mostly mail, some e-mails though.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, there is a long list of items that tie for this honor. Many came from my MIL.

12.Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation

13.When do you start shopping? January 1

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Triple Venti Gingerbread Latte of course. Does Coffee count as food?

16.Clear lights or colored on the tree? Color lights when I was a kid. TheWife only wants white. I settle for putting the color outside now.

17.Favorite Christmas song? Bobby Rivers: The Twelve Pains of Christmas

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, but only about 12 miles to Mom's house.

19.Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Of course.

20.Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, we have an Olde World Santa Claus

21.Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. I'm not done wrapping anything until just before the child wakes up Christmas morning.

22.Most annoying thing about this time of year? Cranky people that bitch and moan about all the work they have to do to plan for the holidays. If it is "work" you are doing something wrong (in my not so humble opinion). Yes, there is work to be done, plenty of it. But when we get family and friends together, I feel like it is all worth it. Updated to add: This goes Double for Bill O'Reilly and his Faux War on Christmas

23.Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? I don't think so... It is probably just heartburn

24.What would you like for Christmas? A smile on my daughter's face. Everything starts there.

Now to find three people to tag with this, that I think will actually do it. How about:

Cathy (Feel Free to Tag Team with Doug)
Chicka (c'mon you know you want to)
and
CMHL (It will make a nice diversion for a couple of minutes... PLEEEZ)


Policies and Disclosures

My Frappr! Map

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JayMonster. Make your own badge here.

Apple iTunes

 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

 

 

 

Deal of the Day

 

OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

 


Creative Commons License
Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.