The Adventures of LatteMan....

About Me


Links

Blogroll Me!

Previous Posts


Archives

Add to Google


Credits


Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker




Thursday, July 06, 2006

How do I tell her I failed?

Well, it is now officially over. I have failed in my bid to get the Board of Education to drop the issue of uniforms in our public schools. I wish I could say I was shocked or surprised by this. But when all was said and done, the Superintendent of our school system was going to get this pushed through one way or the other.

To be honest it was never a fair fight. They moved in calculated fashion, and never let silly little things like reason, facts or legalities get in their way. They have made some minor mistakes that I could pounce on and file a lawsuit on a technicality (they voted on this at a "special meeting" that was not properly announced). But that would only serve to delay the inevitable, and cost me money that I can not afford to throw away to do nothing more than become a nuisance.

Fortunately these clowns have moved so fast that they can not actually get everything in place for when school starts, so it will be "phased in" over the first several months of school. Which will bide me some time. Some time to try and get my loves to wear dresses to school princess, that she can no longer wear dresses to school. The hard question comes next. "Why?" Because some people believe in parenting by legislation, because some parents do not know how to be parents to their own kids, because the School Board conned parents with a bunch of lies and unsubstantiated claims. Because you daddy didn't learn how to play the game of politics early enough in life to know how to fight for your rights properly, and thus I have failed you. I gave it my best, but my best in this case was not good enough.


Policies and Disclosures

My Frappr! Map

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JayMonster. Make your own badge here.

Apple iTunes

 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

 

 

 

Deal of the Day

 

OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

 


Creative Commons License
Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.