The Adventures of LatteMan....

About Me


Links

Blogroll Me!

Previous Posts


Archives

Add to Google


Credits


Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker




Monday, December 04, 2006

25,000 Imported Italian Twinkle Lights


No, not really. But I do put up quite a few Christmas Lights, and TheWife every year draws the comparisons between me and Clark W. Griswald Jr. I spent 7 solid hours putting up lights, and such yesterday, and I am somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 finished.

Of course, if I had gotten to this last week, I would have been putting things up on a beautiful 60 degree day. But no, the rain got in the way. So this was the weekend for it. And of course the warm weather that has lingered here in the Northeast was nowhere to be found. Figures. It wasn't as bad in some years past where I needed to clear a spot in the snow to put the ladder up, but still, with the warm weather, my body was not quite ready for this cold.

The cold did help (I think) me finally getting into the Christmas spirit which has been somewhat lacking so far. Either that, or it was the fact that I finally made a pot of Starbucks Christmas Blend. In either case, it is finally starting to feel like Christmas.

The trip to the mall probably also helped. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I set foot in a mall at Christmas time for the first time in at least 4 years. Ever since my stint one year of working at Toys R Us at Christmas time, my desire to be any where near those kinds of crowds has been (I think deservedly) nil. But to be honest it really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Oh sure it was busy. But certainly didn't have that "can't take two steps without bumping into someone" feel to it. But I am not pushing my luck. No more malls this holiday season. Maybe one or two stores... the rest online.

So... how was your weekend?


Policies and Disclosures

My Frappr! Map

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JayMonster. Make your own badge here.

Apple iTunes

 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

 

 

 

Deal of the Day

 

OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

 


Creative Commons License
Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.