The Adventures of LatteMan....

About Me


Links

Blogroll Me!

Previous Posts


Archives

Add to Google


Credits


Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker




Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Prepin'

Charlie Brown: We've got ANOTHER holiday to worry about. It seems Thanksgiving Day is upon us.

Sally Brown: I haven't even finished eating all of my Halloween candy!

- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973) (TV)


So here we are again another Thanksgiving is upon us. LatteGirl and I have spent the evening making Pumpkin Pie "Gems" , "Magic" Cookies and Apple Crisp (pictures to follow when time allows). Tomorrow we will make Chocolate Chip Cookies, before I send her and TheWife off to go see Disney on Ice so I can get down to some serious cooking.

If you find everybody under your feet awaiting the Thanksgiving feast I highly recommend this path to freedom while preparing. Find a theater that is perhaps open or some show of some sort and ship your significant other and the kids out. Even if it is just for a couple of hours. It makes getting things done so much easier.

A Posthumous Honor for Latte Pop

My mother was in attendance yesterday to receive a Posthumous medal for my father for his service during the Korean War. Obviously I am quite thrilled with it, although I wish I could have attended and I must admit, I can't help but wonder why it takes so long for these things to come around. I mean, wouldn't it be nicer if these awards were given while more of the men and women that served our country were still alive? Of my fathers group (more on that another time), out of the five of them only one member is still alive. I guess I am just a bit sad and perhaps bitter that my father could not be there to have received it himself.


Bloggin' the Weekend away

With TheWife away, enjoying her pre-birthday present trip to the spa for the weekend, LatteGirl and I will be bumming around, and I will back and blogging providing much needed material on what I would anticipate will be a rather slow period for blogging. So, as you slowly arise from your tryptophan coma, come on by and visit, leave a comment or two. Otherwise we will be lonely.

To you and yours, I wish my U.S. compatriots a Happy Thanksgiving. To any terrorist type people, I would suggest you not try anything sneaky now, the last thing you want it to stir millions of people with upset stomachs that have consumed far too much food, the ensuing mess would be quite awful to contend with.


Policies and Disclosures

My Frappr! Map

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JayMonster. Make your own badge here.

Apple iTunes

 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

 

 

 

Deal of the Day

 

OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

 


Creative Commons License
Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.