The Adventures of LatteMan....

About Me


Links

Blogroll Me!

Previous Posts


Archives

Add to Google


Credits


Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker




Thursday, December 01, 2005

Keep your PETA away from my child

Let me be honest up front. I am not the biggest fan PETA has ever had. Not by a long shot. It is a good cause run amok in my opinion. The Extreme Republicans of the Animal defense world. That being said, I do support at the more primative (and probably according to PETA hypocrital) level the base message of their cause. I do not support SENSELESS cruelty to animals. I think "sport" hunting is plain stupid. I do not believe in animal testing, I applaud efforts to ensure that animals are properly taken care of when they are on the set of movies, I like the fact that many zoos now make are or making an effort to stop being the old cold cage environment that they were, and becoming more of a "habitat."

But that is where it ends. We as humans are carnivores (go ahead vegans, make your claims, nobody looks at you and believes that vegan is truly healthy since most of you look less than healthy). And since we are eating cows, I have no problem using skins for leather, etc.

This is really a long winded way to get to my point. PETA in their every growing level of craziness has recently released a little comic book campaign. It is called, "Your Daddy Kills Animals." I will not like to it, because it is so completely over the top. On Page 2 of this "book" is the line, "Until your daddy learns that it ’s not 'fun' to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He ’s so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!" They actually have the audacity to attempt to distribute this in schools to children!

So much for the "Ethical" treatment of Animals. Perhaps they should remember that HUMANS are animals too, and subjecting children (whom this is obviously aimed at) to this type of cruelty. If Daddy fishes, he is gonna kill the family pet, now get a good nights sleep Lil' Timmy.

I wish there were some way to reach people like those that put together this insane piece of propoganda and somehow get through to them that, one they are no better than those they are fighting against when you do harm to children with junk like this, and two that they do nothing but cause more people to turn a deaf ear to their pleas when they show themselves to be so insanely fanatical that this seem like a good idea.


Policies and Disclosures

My Frappr! Map

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JayMonster. Make your own badge here.

Apple iTunes

 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

 

 

 

Deal of the Day

 

OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

 


Creative Commons License
Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.